February 03, 2007

I got the double kiss on the cheek greeting last night. Yes! Been waiting for that to actually happen in real life.

So still having a good time. Spent the day today wandering around the Uffizi, saw Boticelli's Spring and the Birth of Venus. Getting to see such famous paintings in person really, really makes me appreciate my high school art history class. NYU gave us all cards that allow us free entry into all the musuems in Italy for a year, so that's really great. After the museum we explored Mercato Centrale for a few hours; I bought a bracelet and some boots.

This city thing has been fun, but I don't know if I could ever live in one, long term. I've only been here for two weeks, Florence is a small city, and I already deperately need a break from all the people and traffic and smoke. My photography professor (who is fantastic, by the way) is hugely into the outdoors and environmental conservation, etc, and has told me about a ton of good hiking that's not too far away, so I'll be checking that out the first free day I have.

No comments: