April 06, 2007

Went to the beach today. Viareggio, it's about an hour and a half away by train. I ended up going alone, which sounds sad as I'm writing it, but was really nice in reality. I walked along the beach for a couple of hours. That's it. Stood in the ocean (way, way too cold for swimming). Collected a few seashells. Mostly just walked, though. Now I smell salty and beachy and my cheeks are sunburned. Viareggio itself isn't the prettiest place, but there are these mountains that basically rise right out of the ocean, with snow on top. It's really beautiful.

Easter festivities this weekend. We bought a dove cake and on Sunday a few of my suitmates and I are making a feast. I guess there's a big parade, and something about an exploding cart, near the Duomo. Florence is pretty much overflowing with tourists right now, has been ever since we got back from break, actually. It's hard to walk, it's so jam packed.

No comments: